pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Log file errors

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Log file errors
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:13:38 -0700

meaty posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Sun, 04
Jan 2004 12:49:23 -0500:

> Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:34:03 - (Null) - file group.c: line 898
> (group_remove_articles): assertion `articles!=NULL' failed
>
> Then I downloaded new articles for subscribed groups. I have tasks set
> to 4 which opens 4 connections.  I truncated the cut and paste
> because the other NULL failed lines were similar. I don't recal getting
> these errors in the past and I haven't upgraded or changed anything.
> This is PAN 0.14.0, vanilla with Redhat 9 install.

[]
> Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:34:08 - (Null) - file file-headers.c: line 128 func
> file_headers_load_group: assertion `group->_articles==NULL' failed,

I believe most of these are related to some sort of internationalization
issues.  0.14.2 should have less of them, but there's still an issue with
one of the library requires -- the older library didn't handle i18n
correctly, but the require for the new library has only been updated in
CVS.  I'm running the latest tarball beta, but it doesn't have the latest
requires either, only CVS, and they've actually changed libraries in the
CVS version as well, if I've been reading the group/list correctly.

Anyway, there are fewer in the newer stable and beta versions, but the
error is still there to some degree.  Since I'm not running CVS, I'm not
sure whether it's entirely gone with it or not, but yes, they ARE working
on it, and at least SOME of the problem is i18n issues.  Expect 0.14.3 or
0.15.0, whatever the next stable version is, to have resolved most if not
all of THAT issue, or upgrade now to 0.14.2 or 0.14.2.9x to resolve a good
portion of it, as compared to 0.14.0.

Benjamin Franklin