pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Download of Incompletes

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Download of Incompletes
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:12:10 -0700

Steven Stoethaspel posted
<address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:52:26 +0000:

> Is it just me or has Pan lost the ability to
> download files with not all segments present?
> I'm using 14.2 on RH8.0, and in previous
> versions the incompletes could so very
> conveniently be downloaded and repaired with
> par2. I couldn't find anything about this in
> recent mailing lists

Try right clicking the incomplete, and choosing "manual decode".  The same
option is on the File menu.  (I'm now running 0.14.2.91, and am not sure
when manual decode was added, but it was there in 90 at least, if not in
0.14.2 stable.)

Yes, it's been on the mailing list recently, as I told someone it wasn't
there, and then someone pointed the "manual decode" function out to me.
<g>  Thus, I am acutely aware that it has been discussed recently, yes,
and you aren't the only one that missed it, no.  <g>

Benjamin Franklin