pan-users

[Pan-users] saving new headers progress bar?

From: Vadim Berezniker
Subject: [Pan-users] saving new headers progress bar?
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:22:04 -0500

So, about 3 hours ago I went to fetch new headers from a group, and pan started downloading around 1.4 million headers. I'm on a rather fast connection and that part was done in under a minute. That was 3 hours ago and Pan is still saving the headers to the hard-drive and I'm not really sure when it's going to be done.

It would be nice if the progress bar was filled as the articles are saved for cases like this.

(The major slowness is due to the massive amount of swapping that is happening ... I wonder if it would be better if pan freed the data as soon as it was written to disk [i'm assuming the data is not needed again in the process] because as it is now pan's memory usage is not going down)

[Note, I'm not complaining about Pan. I know it's a real pain to deal with so much data.]