pan-users

[Pan-users] Query on REGEX syntax

From: Marc Schwartz
Subject: [Pan-users] Query on REGEX syntax
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:49:48 -0600

Hi all,

I have Pan 0.14.2.91 installed on a fully updated FC1 system.

I have been trying to construct a REGEX syntax to find a keyword in post
subject lines. The keyword that I am looking to find is "R" as a
standalone character.

I have tried:

\bR\b

and

[[:<:]]R[[:>:]]

and

[[:space:]]R[[:space:]]

and various other incantations. None of these seem to work properly in
only highlighting posts with "R" as a standalone character (ie.
surrounded by whitespace).

I have searched the archives and read several of the texts that are
linked to in many of the posts. I have also noted issues with REGEX and
was under the impression that '91' fixed at least some of these.

I would appreciate any assistance that can be provided with this.

Please cc: me on the reply if you would be so kind, as I do not
subscribe to the list, but do check the archives periodically.

Thanks,

Marc