pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Keep Pan from marking all articles read when exiting a n

From: Certified Repair
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Keep Pan from marking all articles read when exiting a newsgroup?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:45:42 -0400

On Monday 19 April 2004 02:47 am, Duncan wrote:
> Certified Repair posted:
> [Duncan wrote..]
> >> It's also possible you may be mixing up the "new" indicator with
> >> "unread". PAN has a three-way marking.  BOLD is new and unread; strong
> >> color but not bold is simply unread; grayed out is read.
> >
> > Yes, you are right I was kind of confused about that. What I would like
> > for Pan to do is leave them all bold until they are read.
>
> Well, you could use a font in which everything is bold (or there isn't a
> bold).. and they'd ALL be bold (or all normal), so you'd just see the
> bright/gray indication.

A good suggestion, but it didn't quite work for me. It had the side effect of
making the Subject line of fully read watched (custom color) threads the same
as if they contained unread posts. In other words, the opposite of my
original problem.

However, it could work if I could train myself to look at the Author line as
well as the subject. The Author section of the header pane is not custom
colored, so when there are no unread posts in a watched thread the Author
line is properly grayed out.