pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems compiling windows pan using

From: hpcudskhulcy
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problems compiling windows pan using
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:54:43 -0400

With the help of multiple people I have successfully managed to get all
the prerequisites for compiling pan on windows compiled and installed
including a working gnet (which required patching)....I downloaded the
pan tar.gz and attempted to run ./configure

checking for shared library run path origin... ./config.rpath:
./config.rpath: No such file or directory
done
checking for iconv... no, consider installing GNU libiconv
checking preferred charset formats for system iconv... not found
configure: error:
        *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
        *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
        *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
        *** working iconv library such as the one found at
        *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

Even after compiling libiconv and doing make install I still get the same
error.
I have no idea what config.rpath is.