pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Loading Newsgroup Headers

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Loading Newsgroup Headers
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 15:05:52 -0500

On May 16, 2004, at 1:27 PM, S. Cowles wrote:

I have found that for 0.8-1.3M header newgroups the process will use in excess of 1.5G swap with 512M physical memory. I run 2G swap and get the header
display after a significant period, depending on load.

Well, I waited hours. Top reported pan was just idling along. Task manager list was empty. Manually invoking "load new headers" instantly started consuming more resources and showing status line activity.

Automatic load on selection of a group *does* produce a "scoring" and "filtering" and "updating header pane" followed by the expected prior full listing headers. And then followed by "loading new headers" and repeat of the prior display sequence.

Studying stderr and status window shows errors occurring. At least one says, "Please report to address@hidden" so its time for me to put a report together.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden