pan-users

[Pan-users] RE: How to Clear the Cache

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] RE: How to Clear the Cache
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:45:39 -0400

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:15:28 -0700, MBarnotes-fneapkhlDAuakBO8gow8eQ
wrote:

> Thanks for the advice. I've tried to delete the messages that I don't want
> using the delete command, but then when I open up the group again, all of
> those deleted messages reload themselves and mark themselves as new! Is this
> standard, expected behavior? That's why I've only marked the messages as
> read and left them alone. As I'm still new to this great app, I would
> appreciate any best-use advice.

I am not skilled in these matters, and may be making a great error; fwiw,
it sounds like a trouble I used to have -- till I learned first to mark
them read, and only then delete them. You can do it in batches with Shift
and the mouse, followed by M and the delete key; or wholesale for an
entire group with Shift-Ctrl-M followed by Shift-Ctrl-delete.

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Life is hunting, hunting life -- all ye know on earth,