pan-users

[Pan-users] Problems with news servers

From: Jesper Anderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Problems with news servers
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:17:44 +0000

I have several news servers I use in parallel. When I'm downloading from
several of them at once, usually leaving Pan on to download overnight (my
connection is really slow), it's normal that I run into the download limit on
one or more of them.

When that happens (when one server runs into the limit), Pan throws up an error
message and disconnects *all* my servers, immediately halts ongoing downloads
(setting them as status "stopped"), and then just sits there until I wake up 6
hours later.

Is there any way to change this behaviour? I've read all FAQ's, all
documentation I have been able to lay my hands on, and tried all versions of
Pan I have thought it could help with (currently running 0.14.2 on Gentoo
Linux).

Thanks in advance,

Jesper