pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Restore Dropped Connections

From: Michael B
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Restore Dropped Connections
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:56:35 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

>> Michael posted <address@hidden>,
>> excerpted below, on Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:30:37 -0800:
>> Every once in a while, I get a connection error that stops Pan dead in its
>> tracks.

> This is a known bug. It had come up before PAN's development froze late last
> year, but not solved by that time. > Charles has said he's been to busy to
> spend time on PAN. See my just minutes ago reply to the "Marking
> Messages Read" thread for the status there. Unfortunately, until development
> resumes, this bug will remain.
> -- Duncan

Thanks, Duncan. This is good to know, but it will not deter me from continuing
to use this superb open source newsreader. As I've tried all of the available
Mac newsreaders, this one is still above and beyond what else I could use, and
I will gladly suffer through the occasional bug. I read your reply to "Marking
Messages Read," and while it always makes me a little nervous to know that some
of my favorite software may or may not be developed further, I'm glad, at
least, that this version works as well as it does.

Cheers,
Michael