pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: how to reduce connectino limit

From: Hamilcar Barca
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: how to reduce connectino limit
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:27:34 -0700

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:16:11 -0600, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Hamilcar Barca wrote:
>
>>Is there a way for a user to raise it or is the four-connection limit in
>>the source code?
>>
>>My newsserver limits me to eight simultaneous connections.
>>
> There's no way to do it in the GUI, since Pan is trying to conform to
> GNKSA recommendations.

To heck with the GNKSA, I want my connections!

> However you can increase it by editing ~/pan/config.xml and tweaking
> Max_Connections.

I would have sworn I already checked that file.  I just tried it again,
and of course your method works.

> You can also make the GUI allow more connections by changing
> DEFAULT_MAX_PER_SERVER
> in pan/server-ui.c and rebuilding.

Thanks for the software and the tips.

--
Q: Speaking of security, Internet Explorer has had well-publicized holes.
Gates: Understand those are cases where you are downloading third-party