pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 03:26:56 -0700

Charles Kerr posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:55:16 -0600:

> Michael A Chase wrote:
>
>>Quoting Charles Kerr <address@hidden>:
>>
>>>I'm thinking of putting out 0.14.2.92 next week. [E]ven a bugfix
>>>release would be nice to let the world know Pan's not quite dead.
>>>
>>I'm also glad to see some progress.  Maybe the new release should be
>>named "I'm getting better." or "He's only mostly dead.". <G>
>>
> Heh, I'd already named it "'Ere, he says he's not dead." for that
> reason. :)

I was going to suggest..

"He's NOT dead, Jim!"

Or how about..

"I'm a programmer, not a mortician!"

Of course, I think the quotes are supposed to be /real/ quotes, not
/could/ /have/ /been/ quotes.  <g>  Real quotes can be looked up to find
where they come from easier.  <g>

My favorite PAN quote, tho, was the "She had eyes like strange sins" one.
I looked up the author and his style isn't something I'd tend to read, but
that quote still fascinates me.

Benjamin Franklin