pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan & Klibido (was: has development of pan stopped since jan

From: Nicolas Girard
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan & Klibido (was: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:10:38 +0100

On Thursday 18 November 2004 12:14, Duncan wrote:
> Duncan posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,

Hi Duncan,

what impresses me, as always, is... your volubility !

> Until now, lacking the
> coding ability, I contributed to PAN where I could -- by being a constant
> presence on the lists/groups and answering questions as I could.  Of help
> was the general scripting and VB/OSAPI coding background I had from
> MSWormOS, along with my growing knowledge of Linux as an OS.  Thus, I
> believe I've been able to serve as somewhat of a go-between, between the
> developer group and developer-speak, and user's ideas and questions.
> That's an important role (so I think anyway <g>) and I've been happy to
> fill it.

Yeah, you're perfectly right, and you did the job with an impressive constancy
during all this time.
Bravo, Duncan, et merci beaucoup !

> Anyway, it would now appear that klibido /might/ just be the opportunity
> I've been looking for, to scratch that news itch on KDE.  It's possible
> (I'm not going to say probable just yet, after all, I haven't even
> installed the program yet, let alone contacted the lead developer <g>)
> klibido will be my first serious code contributory project.

Well, I wouldn't feel like beeing the guy who converted Duncan from Pan to
Klibido ;-)

> One more thing...  it'd be interesting to see if there's some code that
> might be sharable between apps.

Code could be shared, provided both apps are designed as 3-tiered
applications, with a data-tier, an application-tier and a presentation-tier.
IMHO, of course. "Program to an interface, not to an implementation"...

> Again, I guess we see what happens...

Sure. Perhaps one could dream of a fruitfull collaboration between Charles and
Alessandro, the creator of Klibido...

Cheers,
Nicolas