pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan & Klibido (was: has development of pan stopped since

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan & Klibido (was: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:48:03 -0500

On Thursday 18 November 2004 07:10 pm, Nicolas Girard wrote:
[mega-snip]

> Code could be shared, provided both apps are designed as 3-tiered
> applications, with a data-tier, an application-tier and a
> presentation-tier. IMHO, of course. "Program to an interface, not to an
> implementation"...

I think that's a great idea.... have a different GUI available depending on if
you're a KDE user, Gnome user, etc. just like you can snap a different face
plate on your cell phone. It's still the same phone, just looks a bit
different. :-) I just wish I knew how to code /at all/ so I could contribute.
Unfortunately, it looks like my only contribution is going to continue to be
building RPMs... *sigh*
        John