pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Turning off warning about long signature

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Turning off warning about long signature
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:06:29 -0700

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:20:20 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> Thus, users who don't like the GNKSA features may choose to disable them
> as they wish, in the source code itself, and then recompile said code
> into a new binary executable.

If anyone is so inclined, in this case [warnings about signature 'issues'
like too many and/or too long lines], the warnings are generated by the
code in message-check.c, which resides in the pan/base/ directory of the
source tarball available on http://pan.rebelbase.com

The function responsible for the warnings has this signature:

static void
check_signature (GPtrArray      * setme_errors,
                 GoodnessLevel  * setme_goodness,
                 const char     * body)

In the version 0.14.2 tarball I downloaded, the function begins on line
156, and it looks to me like commenting out lines 173-209 (inclusive)
would disable these warnings. (Actually, I checked the .14.2.91 version
also, and the line numbers did not change.)

Basically, just take out all the conditional checks in the function, and
you should be set! :-)

--
Lenroc