pan-users

[Pan-users] Problems building from CVS on Debian Sid <SOLVED>

From: Brad Sims
Subject: [Pan-users] Problems building from CVS on Debian Sid <SOLVED>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:57:04 -0600

I was having issues with ./autogen.sh erroring out claiming
that I needed an automake newer than 1.4 when I had 1.7 installed

I installed automake 1.4 along side automake1.7 and it took right off...

If you are running Sid the process goes this way:

'sudo apt-get install automake1.4'
 if not all ready installed
'export CVSROOT=":pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/gnome"'
'cvs -z3 checkout pan'
'mv pan pan-0.14.2.91.cvs.$date'
  the format yyyymmdd is recomended by the debian policy manual...
'cd pan-0.14.2.91.cvs.$date'
'./autogen.sh'
'dh_make'
'sudo dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot'
 or one could su to root instead
'cd'
'sudo dpkg -i pan_0.14.2.91.cvs.$date-1_$arch.deb'

--
"First read that as "steaming media."
 Makes sense that way too.'' -- Ron Parker