pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] CVS Pan seems to pause for about 2 sec displaying header

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] CVS Pan seems to pause for about 2 sec displaying headers
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:05:26 -0600

Dave Chand wrote:
Hi List,
I am running PAN from CVS on a OS X Panther. I am using gtk-2.6.2. Whenever I load a binary group with a huge number of articles pan seems, to wait about 2 seconds before display the articles. I am wondering how can I tell exactly what pan is doing for those 2 seconds. This only happens the first time I load the group. For example when I start pan and there are already articles in the group pan will "pause" for 2 seconds then display the headers, if I try to load the group again, pan loads the heads instantly. If I delete all headers and download them again, pan will again pause for 2 sec before display the headers.

Run Pan inside of gdb, and press ctrl-c during those two seconds and get a backtrace. That will show you what Pan's up to at the time. Needless to say I'd be interested in knowing the results... :)