pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Some feedback on Pan/0.14.90

From: charles
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Some feedback on Pan/0.14.90
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:04:47 -0800 (PST)

I got this in the mail today and would like to ask for user suggestions:

> with incomplete binaries theres no way to tell which parts are needed
> to ask for them, you are hiding necessary information here, this is not a
> minor thing, but a reduction in utility

I agree that we've lost some utility, but giving each part back its own line
in the header pane will cost a lot of the speed and memory wins that Pan's
just gained.  So there needs to be another method of giving this info.
Maybe a right-click-menu button to pull up an info dialog, or a tooltip
in the header pane, or ... ?

Opinions anyone?