[Pan-users] Re: Starting Pan?

From: Felix Karpfen
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Starting Pan?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:44:27 +1000

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:50:56 -0700, Duncan wrote

> Felix Karpfen posted
> <address@hidden>,
> excerpted below,  on Wed, 08 Jun 2005 06:29:03 +1000:
>> At present I quit Pan and reload it in order to establish a connection.

> Switch to a different newsgroup on your current server.  If PAN is
> configured to do so, it will automatically download overviews (aka
> headers, altho that's not quite accurate) for the new group.

My thanks to both respondents who were good enough to reply.

I apologise for being too cryptic.

My Pan is currently configured to "download new headers when starting
Pan".  I was trying to download the new headers in _all_ the
subscribed groups in one hit.

Is that doable?

For the record - a bouquet for the Pan Developers - Pan is
breathtakingly fast on my box and the query is just a niggle.

Felix Karpfen

Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)