Re: [Pan-users] Re: How to compile a snapshot ??

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: How to compile a snapshot ??
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:29:41 +0000

On 2/12/06, Csv4Me2 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Duncan,
> thanks for the info..
> I am running a Slackware 10 system so all the version stuff is actually not
> present. And that's the way I like it best.
> The auto* stuff is in my opinion Richard Stallman's revenge on humanity for
> not embracing the FSF ideals :-)
> Apart from that, I am impressed with the performance enhancements and
> footprint decrease of pan. Great work!

Slightly off-topic for this thread, but....

I use Pan both on Linux and on Windows XP - Does anyone have a build
environment that will build Pan for Win32 so I can have the same
(huge) improvements on both systems. I can build on Linux fine. I've
been using the binary builds from the pan website, but would like to
move forward a sub-version or three :)

I assume that MinGW or Cygwin are the way to go?