pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How to filter spam from Gmane?

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How to filter spam from Gmane?
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 15:58:00 -0500

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:05:28 +0000, Lenny_Nero wrote:

> Lynda Metref said
>
>> I am not sure I understood what you mean... where should I add those
>> lines? Should I create new score?
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 03:24:35 +0000, Lenny_Nero wrote:
>>
>>> Lynda Metref said

>>> %BOS
>>>     [gmane]
>>>     Score: =-5000
>>> %EOS

> Do you have a score file ?

I can't speak for the OP, but I have an extensive one, somewhat to my
surprise.

> If not then you have to make one (S key while reading) that will start you
> off, then copy above into it.

Where is it, from my home directory?

There seem to be two ways to get into it from within Pan; but neither
offers me any way I know how to use that would let me paste that in.

As for the home directory, I get this :

address@hidden ~]$ cd .pan
address@hidden .pan]$ ls
accels.txt              Gmane_sub.idx        grc_unsub.idx.bak
config.xml              Gmane_sub.idx.bak    messages
Giganews                Gmane_unsub.dat      Opera
Giganews_sub.dat        Gmane_unsub.dat.bak  Opera_sub.dat
Giganews_sub.dat.bak    Gmane_unsub.idx      Opera_sub.dat.bak
Giganews_sub.idx        Gmane_unsub.idx.bak  Opera_sub.idx
Giganews_sub.idx.bak    grc                  Opera_sub.idx.bak
Giganews_unsub.dat      grc_sub.dat          Opera_unsub.dat
Giganews_unsub.dat.bak  grc_sub.dat.bak      Opera_unsub.dat.bak
Giganews_unsub.idx      grc_sub.idx          Opera_unsub.idx
Giganews_unsub.idx.bak  grc_sub.idx.bak      Opera_unsub.idx.bak
Gmane                   grc_unsub.dat        profiles.xml
Gmane_sub.dat           grc_unsub.dat.bak    profiles.xml.bak
Gmane_sub.dat.bak       grc_unsub.idx
address@hidden .pan]$

and none of it looks like anything I could edit with pico or nano, the
only editors I know. So I dropped down one directory, and tried this :

address@hidden Gmane]$ ls gmane.announce
gmane.editors.nano.general
gmane.comp.editors.vim.outliner          gmane.linux.australia
gmane.comp.emulators.crossover.announce  gmane.linux.centos.general
gmane.comp.emulators.crossover.general   gmane.linux.freshrpms.user
gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user           gmane.linux.printing.general
gmane.comp.gis.freegis                   gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.announce
gmane.comp.gis.geoserver.user
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.extras.general
gmane.comp.gnome.apps.epiphany           gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general
gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.announce       gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.legacy
gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.legacy.announce
gmane.comp.hardware.gps.opensource       gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.selinux
gmane.comp.linux.gps                     gmane.linux.rpm.yum
gmane.comp.printing.cups.general         gmane.linux.whitebox.announce
gmane.comp.web.dillo.devel               gmane.linux.whitebox.user
gmane.comp.web.galeon.user               gmane.linux.x11
gmane.comp.web.opera.general             gmane.mail.pine.announce
gmane.comp.web.opera.linux               gmane.mail.pine.general
gmane.comp.web.privoxy.user              gmane.org.infiniteink
gmane.comp.web.skipstone                 gmane.org.infiniteink.general
gmane.editors.abiword.user               gmane.org.user-groups.linux.svlug
gmane.editors.nano.announce
address@hidden Gmane]$

but that didn't look any better. I looked into
gmane.comp.gnome.apps.epiphany (the one I want a spamfilter for) -- but it
was all in some incommprehensible format.

So I son't know *how* to insert your

>> %BOS
>>      [gmane]
>>      Score: =-5000
>> %EOS

from within Pan, and I don't know *where* to insert it from a command line. :-(

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
FC4; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1