pan-users

[Pan-users] How about undeleting a post? (was Re: Can Pan UN-ignore a th

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] How about undeleting a post? (was Re: Can Pan UN-ignore a thread??)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:09:30 -0500

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:16:26 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> Beartooth posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
> below,  on Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:00:59 -0500:
>

>> I wanted to tell Pan to WATCH a thread, and my dumb old fingers clicked
>> the wrong line!
>
> Should work, altho if you have a rule to delete ignored posts as I do, and
> triggered that, you'll have to redownload.
>
> Assuming it hasn't been deleted, ...

This time it's my bete noire: every once in a while I highlight a passage
that's superfluous to what I want in a followup, and then hit delete,
*before* I remember to start a followup. Of course, Pan deletes the post.
<sob, curse, gnash> So I tried to adapt what's below

> You can also switch to another group, select edit scorefile, find and
> correct the appropriate score (if it's the  last one you added that should
> be easy), then switch back to the target group and have PAN rescore
> everything using its now correct scoring.
>
> If the ignored files have been deleted due to triggering an ignore delete
> rule, first edit the scorefile as in choice two above, then redownload
> /all/ overviews (not just new overviews, the normal action) for the group
> once again. If the posts haven't expired, they should show up.

OK, I started with the scorefile. The wrongly deleted post wasn't in there
-- naturally enough, since I had simply hit the delete key, not scored it
into deletion.

But I don't see (what I didn't see before, but could do without) how you
re-download a post. Clue, please??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;  Dillo 0.8.5