pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: A couple of .95 problems.

From: Sam
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: A couple of .95 problems.
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 09:19:36 -0700

Charles Kerr wrote:

Second problem that just cropped up today. I can't save any binaries.
When I go to save the dialog box pops up asking where to save the
attachment and Pan goes through the motions of saving, however, when all
is said and done nothing is there. I'm still trying to troubleshoot that
one but not getting anywhere with it. I'll post back more if I can
figure out anymore.

Some steps that might be helpful:
1. rm ~/.pan2/article-cache/* before running
2. just run a single multipart download
3. did the multipart decode correctly?
4. look at the files in ~/.pan2/article-cache/. are there
   as many files as parts in the multipart?
5. do the Message-Id header in the files match the filename?
6. are any of the files empty?
7. start Pan back up and re-run the decode, which, since the
   cache holds all the pieces, you shouldn't even need to go online for.
   Does it work?
8. If you've got all the pieces but it still doesn't work, congratulations,
   you've got a perfect test case.  tar.bz2 the article-cache directory
   and mail me offlist a URL where I can find it. :)

A single file download decodes correctly. A single multipart does not.

It's the larger files that have a problem. On closer inspection of the article cache the header pane shows 001/303 but when I look into the article cache there are only 302 files for that particular multi part.

None of the files are empty and all files contain legal data.

If I close pan and restart pan try to save again and watch the
status bar there's no saving activity at all.

I think I've got something to sink some teeth into.

I've sent you a link off-list to get to the article cache folder with
the parts in it.

Sam