pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Article Threading in Pan 0.101

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Article Threading in Pan 0.101
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:17:18 -0600

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:58:57 -0400, Douglas Bollinger wrote:

> Anyone else seeing Pan not grouping articles into threads very well or it
> something odd about my USENET server?

I've noticed that Pan defaults to only shows matching articles rather than
matching articles' threads - if you haven't changed that setting, that
might be why you're seeing what you're seeing.

Otherwise, I'd look at the references headers for the messages in question
- do they point to the previous message in the thread correctly, or are
there missing headers?

I'm not on 0.101 yet (probably this weekend), but looking at your
screenshot, the first thought I had was about the default filter that
shows matching articles rather than the entire thread for matching
articles.

Jim