pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: choosing news server

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: choosing news server
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 00:34:23 +0000 (UTC)

David Shochat <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:52:10
-0400:

> walt wrote:
>> David Shochat wrote:
>>
>>> How do I choose which server I want to use in 0.102? I had no trouble
>>> adding a second server, but I can't find any menu item for switching to it.
>>>

>> I asked the same question a few weeks ago.  The answer is that
>> pan will use *all* of the servers (as needed) to fetch complete
>> articles.
>>

> Thanks. I tried looking for the groups from the other server under
> "Other Groups", but every time I tried to do that, pan crashed with a
> segfault.

Did you "Actions, Groups, Refresh group list"?  You may need to do that
after adding a new server.  IDR whether pan gets the group list
automatically or not.

As for the segfault, I see it happens after a downgrade as well and that
you are back to 0.14.x.  That's a pretty reliable indicator that your pan
config is screwed up.  I'd either delete it, or if you have a lot of stuff
there you want to try and recover (or for debugging), move it to something
else, then try reconfiguring a new pan.  If that works, you can move stuff
between the backed up dir and the new one until you find the file that
triggers the problem.