Re: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 04:07:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brad Rogers <address@hidden> wrote:
> I use two servers under 0.14 which are, in fact, the
> server, but have different sets of newsgroups.  One
> set, I read daily, and automatically download
headers and articles.
> With the other set of groups I d/l headers, and only
> articles of interest.

You know, I did exactly the same thing with pan 0.14.
It sounds like an odd habit when you write it out, but
I like to segregate certain newsgroups into different
sets.  Since some of those groups are rarely used, I
like to hide them away from sight.

Brad, I guess a work around might be to write a small
front end launcher for pan that merely swaps out
various .pan2 directories for the one containing the
groups you want to work with.

Do You Yahoo!?