pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [.104] Two issues with the "Get Headers from Server" win

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [.104] Two issues with the "Get Headers from Server" window
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:38:04 +0000 (UTC)

Jeff Berman <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:18:21 -0700:

>  So what happens with pan2 is that every time
> I activate a group to see if it has any contents, that window pops up if
> the group was empty.  Maybe it's me, but I prefer the old behavior where
> pan would only prompt you the first time a group was accessed.

This doesn't change the issue (and certainly the multiple popups needs a
bit of modification), but that's one reason I keep the "get headers from
server upon entering group" or whatever it's called unchecked.  I only
want it to grab headers when I have it do so (which is one reason not
having a keyboard shortcut to do it is somewhat irritating, but that's a
different bug already being worked on).

As to indicator, I personally liked the old xxx/yyy type thing, xxx=unread,
yyy=read, but I've assumed Charles thought it was confusing or something
and that's why only unread is now shown, and it hasn't been a big enough
thing to worry about.  Now that you mention it, tho... =8^)