pan-users

[Pan-users] VDQ : can I double Pan?

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] VDQ : can I double Pan?
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:53:17 -0400

Very Dumb Question : by 'double' I mean something I'm not sure of a better
word for -- two, occasionally simultaneous, instances (both for the same
user) with different sets of subscriptions to the same servers.

There are a lot of lists, especially on gmane, that I open pretty much
every day, if only because they're very busy and I need to purge them of
stuff not concerning me; and a lot more that I keep around to have
available at need, but don't actually open once a week, maybe not even
once a month. Together, the two make pretty long lists of subscriptions,
again especially on gmane. That makes it a bother to get to the regulars.

By way of comparison : I keep two instances of Opera simultaneously, on
different workspaces. One has a couple dozen weather tabs, and nothing
else; I go through them all, updating them, a couple times a day,
(especially in squirrel season, which opens in twenty-six days). The other
is the "real" Opera, which is my main browser, just because I keep my
master bookmark collection on it.

I'd like to do that with Pan : have a "weather" instance, open
routinely, for going through lists like this one and those for Pine, for
my browsers, and for Fedora; and another on another workspace, with things
like topo map stuff, GPS stuff, printing stuff, and the like that I want
to keep handy for use at need but don't follow nearly so closely.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler
FC5; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3; CXO 5.0.1