pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Comcast/SUSE 10.1 segfault resolved.

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Comcast/SUSE 10.1 segfault resolved.
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:53:07 -0400

walt wrote:
If you still have the old home directory maybe you could save the .pan2
directory somewhere safe, and then try using it again in a few months
to see if future versions of pan still crash.  That's the sort of trick
that hackers use to find vulnerable machines, or so I've read.
Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. I just went through the old home dir, and for every file and subdirectory, I either moved it to the new home directory or deleted it. Of course anything having anything to do with gtk2 got deleted (I guess I felt like an exorcist after all these months living with this thing). But I do have some backups of the old home directory so I suppose I could save one of those.