pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Rules (was: Tools menu in Pan 0.111)

From: arndalebilo
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Rules (was: Tools menu in Pan 0.111)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 03:59:30 +0930

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:16:15 +0930, Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

arndalebilo wrote:

That's what I've done with 0.110 and 0.111 - no more probs with the spell-check but no 'rules' etc. in the menus. I used a rule to automatically download articles for offline reading. Guess I'll have to try 0.14.2 from source.

Most of what had been in the `Tools' menu has been moved to other menus,
but `Rules' haven't made it back in the rewrite due to lack of interest.

The only uses of `Rules' that I've heard of with any frequency were
(1) automatically delete some articles, and
(2) automatically fetch (i.e., cache) other articles.

IMO a simpler interface for this would be checkboxes in
Edit|Preferences|Behavior:

   [x] Automatically delete ignored articles
   [x] Automatically fetch watched articles

It sounds like you're wanting something similar to this for offline
reading.  Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Absolutely!

The only other thing I would want is an option in the 'new scoring rule' dialog to filter on the xref header - to block xposts from a specific group. In the past I've put this in by hand but haven't tried it with the new pan. Not sure if slrn ever supported it or not.

--
Using Opera's braindead thread-munging e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/