pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.112 lockup

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.112 lockup
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:34:22 +0100

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, walt wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:11:46 +0100, Robert Marshall wrote:
>
>> I can fairly reliably produce a lockup with 0.112, not quite
>> certain of the sequence but it involves being in tabbed layout,
>> opening an article, opening the child of that article then which I
>> click on the subject tab it hangs on me....

Sorry about the lack of clarity!

> To clarify the sequence you describe:  if you are reading an
> article body in tabbed mode -- opening the child article means
> hitting the Spacebar or ^N without switching panes, am I right?

no I was just using the mouse to navigate, selecting the article in
the header pane - which for me moves to the body pane - clicking on
the header pane again to take me back and opening the child
article. I've done this a number of times with
address@hidden in
alt.binaries.pictures.fractals but I doubt if that is unique.

> If you are now reading the child article in the body pane, and click
> on the 'Header Pane' (is that what you mean by 'subject tab'?) that
> is when the lockup happens?

Having tried again I think it may also be dependent upon what else is
queued - there's an article being downloaded *very* slowly from
biggulp.readfreenews.net and a header download in progress at the
point where it locks

> Also, does pan use lots of CPU, or none, after the lockup?

None, fairly certain on this - at the moment I can't replicate the
lockup (but I'd managed to get 2 lockups this morning whilst trying
things before sending this reply) but I'm sure it will happen again as
soon as I send this - and the traceback suggests it's waiting for
something that isn't happening

Robert