pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.114: "You'll Have to Go Sideways"

From: Frederic Bezies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.114: "You'll Have to Go Sideways"
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:46:32 +0200

2006/9/26, Charles Kerr <address@hidden>:
Frederic Bezies wrote:

>>> Thanks to everyone whose suggestions were used in this release:
>>> Axion, Kevin Brammer, Artur Jachacy, Christpohe Lambin, Robert Marshall,
>>> Flammie Pirinen, and George Sherwood.  Honorable mention: valgrind.

> Thanks for the info. Is it me or this changelog is very short ?
 >
> Can we think next step is 1.0rc1 ? ;)

There were only two serious bugs fixed in this release -- most of the
work went into improvements like reducing Pan's memory footprint.
So IMO things are moving in the right direction.

If you told me the opposite, I would have had some questions to ask ;)

But as for the 1.0 question... I thought we'd be there by now, but
it really just depends on how the bug reports go.  I'd much rather
release a stable 1.0 than worry about timelines.

I am trained with features based releases software like firefox ;)

So, I may say that Pan is beginning to smell like a 1.0rc release ;)

Charles