pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: resetting 0.14.2.91

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: resetting 0.14.2.91
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:10:11 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 26
Sep 2006 14:13:19 -0400:

> I hesitate even to ask amid all the excitement of getting to 1.0, but it
> may turn urgent for me one of these days.
>
> I've long had Pan set up to use my current local ISP, Adelphia the Utterly
> Accursed Cable Company; but deliverance is at hand : I'm in process of
> switching to wireless broadband from a local telephone coop.
>
> I can already get into news.swva.net -- that just took adding a newsserver.
>
> But I can't seem to find where to reset the From: line. Am I looking right
> at it and just not seeing it??

It would seem so. =8^)  Tools, Posting Profiles.  Setup the profile you
want, then select the desired profile from the dropdown in the compose
window the next time you post to a target group and pan will remember your
selection.  (That's the part that wasn't clear to many people, including
me at one point, which is why it changed a bit in 0.90+.)

(Thanks for mentioning which pan version.  Avoids confusion. =8^)