pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Binary Postings Through Newspost

From: Graham
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Binary Postings Through Newspost
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:38:15 +0100

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:21:38 -0700
"Travis" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is PowerPost available in a Linux version?  I know the source code is
> available here:  http://powerpost.cjb.net/.
[snipped]

It doesn't seem so.  The zip file contains an .exe binary and the
source code contains won't compile under Mepis 6.0.

However, looking at the facilities YencPowerPost offers, these are
included in newspost, which although a command line program really does
the job.  I would have thought it a relatively easy job to add a "hook"
to the program plus a simplified input interface.

Pan would then be the interface which would allow you to post binaries
as well.

Charles said that he didn't give this a very high priority a while
back, but that might have been because he was considering an almost
total rewrite of Pan.  Now we're coming to the end of testing, please
can this be looked at again by the developers?
--

Graham