pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Binaries subject lines incorrectly formatted?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Binaries subject lines incorrectly formatted?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:46:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:09:48 -0700, Jeff Berman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that Binary subject lines are sometimes
> formatted funny, like "Test_File.rar (/53)"...

I've often seen similar things, usually when one part of a
multi-part post is displayed twice, with two different sets
of numbers:

foo.part12.rar (8/27)
foo.part12.rar (/27)

As far as I can tell, the /27 notation means that the post
is complete.  On the other hand, when I click on both of
the above articles I get *two* complete downloads of the
file foo.part12 stored on disk.

I have no idea why a particular post might appear twice in
this way.  There must be something different about foo.part12
to cause this, but I don't yet know what it might be.