pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Someone please help me confirm a possible bug.

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Someone please help me confirm a possible bug.
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:10:34 +0000 (UTC)

"walt" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:54:31
+0000:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:11:07 -0400, Dave Chand wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> If you have pan-0.117, please try the following.
>>
>> 1. Switch the layout view to Tabbed. Pressing 'z' does this.
>> 2. Get headers in some group.
>> 3. Double click on an article to read its contents.
>> 4. Expand the Subject line by, clicking on the little rightward
>> facing triangle
>> to the left of the subject. The triangle should now face down and
>> their should now be subject, from, date, and newsgroup information
>> now visible.
>>
>> 5. Now press '2' to switch back to the header pane view.
>>
>> Is your horizontal scroll bar now in the middle with most of the
>> headers off to the left of the screen? i.e the headers pane is not
>> left justified?
>
> Yes!  I just confirmed, but there is a trick to it.  I didn't see it
> until I narrowed the pan window enough so that only the 'Subject' column
> is displayed in the Header pane.  You may need to widen the Subject
> column if the pan window won't narrow sufficiently.
>
> The next notable finding is that I only see this bug if I use the
> mouse to change Header<-->Body and back again -- using the 1 and 2
> keys won't trigger it.
>
> The next clue for Charles is that switching between Head<-->Body,
> the bug only shows on every *other* switch, i.e. there is a toggle
> effect happening (and only when using the mouse).
>
> Charles, I know you can find this bug in mere minutes given these
> clues!
>
> Duncan, I know it's asking a lot for you to give up your MaXiMiZeD
> dual window setup, even for five minutes -- but, whaddya say?  Give
> it a try, just for a second...and let us know what happens ;o)

OK, I duplicate it with a narrow window, and everything else as you did,
including the toggle, once center, once left (but after the icon columns
which I have to the left of the subject), once center again.

FWIW, it seems to do the same thing alternating between group and header
panes, or all three.  At least it does part of the time.  I've had it
doing it twice, but it stopped in between and I had to widen and narrow
the pan window again to get it to trigger again.

Note that the OP said use the keyboard to switch, but that doesn't seem to
trigger it here (as it didn't with you).  It only seems to trigger when
using the mouse to click the various tabs.

It's a very definite every other time pattern, certainly.  You got that
right, and that's gotta be an important clue tracking it down, as you
said, as well.

<OK, back to a regular size screen, I feel like I'm trying to look thru a
pinhole or something! <g> >