pan-users

[Pan-users] Any tool/script/internal feature planned to facilitate migra

From: Chris Metzler
Subject: [Pan-users] Any tool/script/internal feature planned to facilitate migration to new(er) version?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 01:09:30 -0500

Hi.  I run Debian testing, and this evening pan was upgraded to 0.113.
Apparently the format for configuration files has changed, and no
attempt is made to get useful data from the old-style files.  I'm
wondering if there's any plan to make available any kind of tool to
facilitate migrating over one's configuration info, or if any
capability for doing so is to be added to Pan itself?  I've enjoyed
using Pan for many years now; but as it stands I have to downgrade
because my configuration is too elaborate to reproduce by memory and
too detailed to copy over by-hand without a lot of annoyance.  And
there's a lot of newsgroups on a lot of different servers for which
I've got killfiles (or rather their equivalent in Pan), read message
lists, etc. that it would truly suck to lose.

Thanks for any info,

-c

--
Chris Metzler                   address@hidden