pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can Pan watch a group, especially in the background??

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can Pan watch a group, especially in the background??
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:03:17 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 30 Oct
2006 12:14:06 -0500:

> OK, I *think* even I can follow what I just snipped -- but first, one more
> VDQ : do I try it now, or wait for 1.0? (I.e., will "yum update pan"
> handle it, when the time for that comes?)

yum should handle the app update, yes, provided of course you are running
an rpm package of pan at the time.  Unfortunately, the conversion of your
config from old-pan to new-pan will have to be done manually.  You've
probably seen the several sets of instructions I've posted for porting
your old scorefiles and the like, but I'm not sure you'll find them
useful.  You may find it simpler and less confusing to simply configure
new-pan from scratch.

I'm not sure I answered the question you intended to ask, there, but I
answered the question I /thought/ you were asking, anyway. =8^)  I'm kinda
out of it ATM due to working long hours this end of the week, and not
getting much sleep, so I'm having rather more difficulty than usual
trying to figure out if I'm actually answering the question folks are
asking or not.  Right now, for all I know I'm off on a wild tangent that
came from a dream when I dozed off, not from someone's actual posted
question.  =8^0