pan-users

[Pan-users] Question about Multi-Part Post Detection (BNR2-like feature)

From: Robert Krig
Subject: [Pan-users] Question about Multi-Part Post Detection (BNR2-like feature)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:43:11 +0100

Hi. I used to use BNR2 as my newsreader/newsdownloader. Unfortunately that app has big problems with stability and memory consumption and performance. However since I discovered PAN I havent really looked back. There is however one small thing that I miss from BNR2, the way it handle multi-part posts.

Correct me if I am wrong (maybe my settings are not optimised.), but in PAN if you go into a newsgroup, pan will group all parts of a single post but not all posts of a multi-part posts as one.

Allow me to give an example since that explanation was probably quite confusing.

You go into a newsgroup and there you have large Linux iso as a multi-part post. The poster would usually split the files in to rars as such:

filename.rar, filename,r00, filename.r01, filename.r02..............etc.

In Pan you would see this as multiple posts like so: