pan-users

[Pan-users] Trying 'new Pan' on 'Mandriva Free 2007'

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: [Pan-users] Trying 'new Pan' on 'Mandriva Free 2007'
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:36:49 +0000

Although I've been aware of all the efforts Charles and the beta testers have
been making, I have not been following the details.

Although my workhorse is SuSE Linux 9.0 Pro (using Pan 0.14.2), I recently
installed - on an experimental basis - Mandriva Free 2007, on a spare
external USB2 drive, and it seems an ideal situation to dip my toes into the
'new Pan' water.

To that end, where might I find a version of the new Pan that I can download
and install?

I am not a LInux expert, and would therefore prefer the RPM approach, but I am
no stranger to the world of compiling (at least as it was decades ago...) and
would have a go if detailed instructions to follow were available.

--
Maurice Batey
   (Retired in Surrey, UK)