pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.122 won't 'make'

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.122 won't 'make'
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:25:30 -0800 (PST)

--- David Shochat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, in my po/Makefile, I see:
>
> .po.gmo:
>         file=`echo $* | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
>           && rm -f $$file && $(GMSGFMT) -o $$file $<
>
> so it looks like for some reason GMSGFMT is
> undefined in yours. Further
> up, mine defines that:
> GMSGFMT = /usr/bin/msgfmt
> Do you have /usr/bin/msgfmt?

Thanks David.  Well, my machine runs Mac OS X, and I
use fink as sort of a Linux compatibility layer.  All
the Linux stuff resides in /sw, so yes, msgfmt does
exist but it's in /sw/bin/msgfmt.

Running configure shows this:
checking for msgfmt... /sw/bin/msgfmt

However, po/Makefile shows this:
GMSGFMT =
MSGFMT =
XGETTEXT = :

And there's no mention of "/sw" anywhere in the
Makefile -- I'm pretty sure it used to use /sw as a
prefix.  I wonder.... at some point in the past couple
weeks I manually installed GTK for OS X instead of
using Fink's version (because Fink only provides an
old version).  Could my manual installation of GTK
have thrown off configure so that it now thinks that
all my Linux libraries are in /usr/local instead of
being in /sw?

Not sure if that makes any sense, or if that's even
what's going on here.  It's just the only change I've
made to my system in the past few weeks.

Jeff

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com