pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Rules for rewriting title?

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Rules for rewriting title?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:39:24 +0000

On Monday 12 Feb 2007 13:17, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
> Titles of binaries articles are very long, with some redundant
> informations and some informations not needed by human.

I agree, that's a definite problem at times. If I understand your question
correctly though it wouldn't be a good idea to get pan to rename these. Most
files of any size are posted as multipart rar files with the associated par2
files. If you rename the individual parts you will no longer be able to use
the par2 files to repair the rar files because the repair utility will not be
able to match up the par2 and rar files. I came across this very problem some
time ago when I started downloading multipart binaries and ended up having to
rename the files back to what they were before I could repair them.

--
Mike