pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Rules for rewriting title?

From: Guilhem Bonnefille
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Rules for rewriting title?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:34:13 +0100

My idea is only to rename articles' titles.

Why? Because my display is not wide enougth for long titles and
sometimes I'm unable to read usefull informations (because begining of
the title are unecessary informations).

For example in :
Battlestar Galactica - 313 - DIVX - vostfr
"battlestar.galactica.313.- =( Team Lords of Kobol )= -.vostfr.nfo"
Yenc  [01/28] (/1)

we can extract:
- the filename: "battlestar.galactica.313.- =( Team Lords of Kobol )=
-.vostfr.nfo"
- a "thread" title: Battlestar Galactica - 313 - DIVX - vostfr
- the sequence info: [01/28]
Each of these parts can be extracted to fill new fields in the GUI or
to rewrtie a title starting with usefull information first.

Another idea can be to use title (sub)information to create threads in
Pan. For example, the preceding tiltle will appear in a thread with
title: Battlestar Galactica - 313 - DIVX - vostfr. In this thread, we
will be able to retrieve every part of this file( 01/28, 02/28,
03/28...).

On 2/12/07, Mike <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 12 Feb 2007 13:17, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
> Titles of binaries articles are very long, with some redundant
> informations and some informations not needed by human.

I agree, that's a definite problem at times. If I understand your question
correctly though it wouldn't be a good idea to get pan to rename these. Most
files of any size are posted as multipart rar files with the associated par2
files. If you rename the individual parts you will no longer be able to use
the par2 files to repair the rar files because the repair utility will not be
able to match up the par2 and rar files. I came across this very problem some
time ago when I started downloading multipart binaries and ended up having to
rename the files back to what they were before I could repair them.

--
Mike