pan-users

[Pan-users] Keeping settings when upgrading from 0.14.2.91 (Fedora Core

From: Don Waugaman
Subject: [Pan-users] Keeping settings when upgrading from 0.14.2.91 (Fedora Core 5) to 0.123 (Fedora Core 6)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:55:21 -0700

Hi all,

I recently upgraded a system from Fedora Core 5 to 6 and was rather
surprised to see pan start up as if it were a brand new installation,
needing me to restore all of my settings.  A little investigation showed
that the old Fedora Core 5 pan (0.14.2.91) had been superseded by a
newer C++-based version (0.123), which created a new directory (.pan2)
for its configuration files.

I'd really like to convert my old files under .pan automagically if
there's a way - 'twould be rather a pain to do it all by hand.  Can this
be done, and what's the magic incantation to do it?  Or should I go
ahead and start keying in my server settings again?

Thanks,

Don