pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: very peculiar bug with EasySW news-server (home of CUPS)

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: very peculiar bug with EasySW news-server (home of CUPS)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:52:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:36:48 +0000, SciFi wrote:

> [...]
> hmm... I've set all of the servers to "never expire" anything here...
> that might be a clue, at least I can set EasySW's server to do that.

That did the trick: set their server to two-month expire, and the
ghosts disappeared when getting new headers afterwards.

Before doing other servers that way, I need to see if other
lengths can be set perhaps manually in the .pan2 config files, as
two months is too short for some servers (discussions on gmane for
ex.), but setting them to "never" is too long and introduces this
ghost effect.

I was hoping Pan would somehow get directives from the servers to
clean things out based on their settings, this needs to be
investigated also.  ;)

> [...]

Thanks.