pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: po/Makefile bug still there in 0.127 on MacOS X

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: po/Makefile bug still there in 0.127 on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:25:37 -0400

SciFi wrote:
I took a quick look at MacPorts svn repo.  What they got labelled
there as pan2 is still the old pan-0.14.2.
Well, my memory is that the current one is actually the 3d version I have used. I figure that's why they call 0.14.2 pan2.
<http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/news/>
They shouldn't call it pan2, just pan.  AIU the dependencies have
changed somewhat since then.

Can you try (or have you tried) to mimic the behaviour of how
MacPorts/Fink do things, such as add -I/opt/local/include manually
to your CxxFLAGS, and -L/opt/local/lib to your LDFLAGS, and
anything else needed?  Surely /opt/bin & /opt/local/bin are
already in your PATH, then I would hope 0.126's configure script
should already have detected where the msgfmt tools are located on
your system.  Stuff like this would be required since /opt isn't
usually considered a "normal" topdir to look under (whether it
should be is a matter for the projects to decide, for now the
package managers need to deal with it as they have been doing ;) ).
Ok, but to me, the main thing is that if configure can't find something it needs (msgfmt in this case), for whatever reason, then it must say so and fail. When configure completes without error, that should mean make will succeed.

-- David