pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [0.127] yenc decoding bug?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [0.127] yenc decoding bug?
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:17:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:05:33 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> walt wrote:
>
>> As long as I'm making demands on poor Charles:  for similar reasons I'd
>> like to be able to display the 'Uncooked' post with the Ctrl-U command
>> as implemented in the mozilla family of programs.

> That sounds nice on paper, but how do you actually implement it?...

I checked Thunderbird, Firefox, and Evolution (all gtk+2 apps, as you
know) and they all seem to use the same gtk+ widget to implement Ctrl-U.

Until I read your question (above) I never noticed that the widget has
drop-down menus which let me choose the Charset (defaulting to UTF-8,
apparently).  Clearly, the text shown in this widget is not as 'raw' as
I thought it was (yes, exactly as you implied).

But I still find it useful on occasion when I'm having trouble with
saving binary attachments, or suspecting malware, etc.  Mostly for
debugging, etc.  I haven't read enough of the code to know which one
of the bazillion gtk widgets it is, but it seems to be an existing
solution.  (Implication:  maybe not too hard to implement ;o)

Thanks, Charles!