pan-users

[Pan-users] attachment name is '(null)'

From: Al Niessner
Subject: [Pan-users] attachment name is '(null)'
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:21:24 -0700

Platform: Feisty Fawn (AMD 64)
Pan: version 0.131 from Garrison Hoffman
(http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/)

If I save the attachment on a single-part post, then it always seems to
work. If I save the attachment on a multi-part post, then it sometimes
saves the file as '(null)' instead of 'a.part01.rar' or whatever. When
it fails, the message box says that it is saving the post as '(null)'
but does not label it as an error. When it fails the posted name has a
space in it.

I take it this is a bug, but I cannot help debug it anymore because I do
not know how to turn up the output levels. I am willing to track down
the exact point of the error if someone would be kind enough to tell me
how to get "debug" level messages out of pan. Running it in GDB could be
done, but I am hoping for very detailed logging messages.

Anyone else notice this problem? Anyone have any good ideas on how I can
further trace the problem to its root?

--
Al Niessner

I have never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
- From Walden by Henry David Thoreau

The universe is indifferent, and life is brutal; however, it is man's
choice of behavior that makes them malevolent rather than benevolent.

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.
- From the song Pepper by the Butthole Surfers