pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: few questions about new design of Pan

From: Zygfryd Homonto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: few questions about new design of Pan
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:51:35 +0300

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:53:00 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 4-there was possible to get pop up window while filter was matched
> > - now it does not exist
>
> More info please.  I can't quite parse that one.

in old Pan, when rule matched there was a window: "you get new messages
in group blabla matching your rule" - of course text was possible to
customize
so, in old Pan just after starting up the program, when all groups were
already gathered I knew where (in which groups) I got threads to see
cause they match my conditions

> > 6-saving message should have some options like: a-saving always to
> > same/chosen folder WITHOUT confirmation (although it should be
> > configurable)
> > b-saving complete thread - not only one message - by choosing first
> > message in thread while it is collapsed (now it only works while
> > selecting all messages inside thread one by one)
>

> b. One by one isn't absolutely necessary.  You can select ranges,
> with the standard ctrl click to get one-by-one multi-select, and
> shift-click to get ranges.  Or, just shift-arrow.  The thread must be
> expanded, however.

this is exactly what I meant: must be expanded and checked every
message in it to save them all - wouldn't it be possible to mark parent
message and then while saving all kids are saved by default ?

one more thing:
how to set up Pan to be able to:
-get headers only while checking groups
-get headers AND messages while checking groups (to be able to read
them later) - only for NEW messages of course

Pan is nice anyway ;-)
thanks for your work

--
Zygfryd Homonto
zyghom(AT)yahoo.co.uk

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html