pan-users

[Pan-users] Use of radio buttons to select a download's queue position.

From: Dave Chand
Subject: [Pan-users] Use of radio buttons to select a download's queue position.
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:30:25 -0400

Hey Guys,
    I was wondering how you guys feel about the following suggestion.
I download a lots of binaries, mostly in a haphazard sort of way.
Sometimes I would like to put a particular download at the front of
the task queue, and sometimes I would prefer that the download
go to the back of the task queue.
    The combo-box gui interface which is currently used to select
which postion in the task queue that a download goes is great,
but sometimes I wonder if little radio buttons would not be more
convenient way of choosing where the download should be positioned in
the task queue.  The reason why I like radio buttons for this interface,
is because of the amount physical action/effort required to accomplish
the feat is very little, simply check the correct radio button and
you are done selecting where in the task queue your download will go.
Now, a combo-box requires little more attention and effort, because
one must first click on the combo-box, then drag up or down to select
the desired postion for the task.
    The combo-box interface does have some advantages, and the radio
buttons do have their own disadvantages, and I am sure Charles had
good reasons for selecting the combo-box, so I would like to solicit
ideas and opinions on my thoughts.

regards,
dc.